By Aurora
Posts Custom
Reem wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:29:56 pm
Aurora wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:24:53 pm
Reem wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:13:53 pm

This will probably hurt, but I know y'all did. It's part of the game though. Lauren is the one I don't know much about. She and I, although we talked, we didn't TALK, if you know what I mean. I felt she was superficial, extremely lowkey.

On a related note, what have you learned about me? Lmfao
No, I was hurt at first, but I get it and I'm happy for her for making that kind of move. I am disappointed in myself for having faith that she was still with me after the swap. Told her some stuff I didn't tell anyone else. But that's entirely on me, not her.

And I think we did TALK. And I really enjoyed it. I think you are still the fun-loving, kind, genuine person I thought you were. It's so strange that I genuinely thought you were out for me. Well, yes and no. That's the game, so I don't think I'm entirely delusional for trying to protect myself. But you are legit, and I think everything I've learned from reading reinforces that.
Susie liked this

Aurora

• Alumni
  • Awards: Posts Custom
By Aurora
Custom Posts
Oh, haha, I didn't see you as a mother figure. I guessed a few years older than late 20s but I thought you were someone like me.
Reem liked this

Aurora

• Alumni
  • Awards: Custom Posts
By Matty
Posts Custom
Reem wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:40:37 pm
Matty wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:39:09 pm
Reem wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:38:17 pm ^I ask because Matty thought of me as a mother figure and thought I was like 40 HAHAHAHAHA I'm still tripping over it (sorry, matty! I have 100% accepted cool aunt status though!)
lmaooo stop it thats so damn embarassing, im sure the hosts got a few good laughs out of that
I'm never gonna let you live this down lol when we connect after this I'm just gonna periodically message you the screenshot of your comment and be like...surprise, bitch. I bet you thought you saw the last of me HAHAHAHAHA
you are genuinely evil!
Reem liked this

Matty

• Alumni
By Reem
Custom Posts
Aurora wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:40:42 pm
Aurora wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:24:53 pm
This will probably hurt, but I know y'all did. It's part of the game though. Lauren is the one I don't know much about. She and I, although we talked, we didn't TALK, if you know what I mean. I felt she was superficial, extremely lowkey.

No, I was hurt at first, but I get it and I'm happy for her for making that kind of move. I am disappointed in myself for having faith that she was still with me after the swap. Told her some stuff I didn't tell anyone else. But that's entirely on me, not her.

And I think we did TALK. And I really enjoyed it. I think you are still the fun-loving, kind, genuine person I thought you were. It's so strange that I genuinely thought you were out for me. Well, yes and no. That's the game, so I don't think I'm entirely delusional for trying to protect myself. But you are legit, and I think everything I've learned from reading reinforces that.
I'll say this, I wasn't out for you but I would have been later in the game for sure. Also, michelle never told me anything personal from you for what it's worth. All I know personally about you is the stuff you shared with me, that I also never said to anyone (for obvs reasons).

I did lie to a lot of people and made alliances with a lot of people. That doesn't negate the connections I made though, and I do feel we had a genuine one. Had things gone differently on the first day of old Atlasova I think this entire game probably would have shifted.

However, I wouldn't trade the friendship I made with susie in the world. I don't know if I had gotten to know her if things had gone differently, and that was the most amazing thing that came from Old Atlasova for me.
Susie liked this

Reem

• Alumni
By Reem
Posts Custom
Aurora wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:43:52 pm Oh, haha, I didn't see you as a mother figure. I guessed a few years older than late 20s but I thought you were someone like me.
I'm 28 lol you were spot on though! Matty was not HAHAHAHAHA

Reem

• Alumni
By Reem
Posts Custom
Matty wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:47:13 pm
Reem wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:40:37 pm
Matty wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:39:09 pm

lmaooo stop it thats so damn embarassing, im sure the hosts got a few good laughs out of that
I'm never gonna let you live this down lol when we connect after this I'm just gonna periodically message you the screenshot of your comment and be like...surprise, bitch. I bet you thought you saw the last of me HAHAHAHAHA
you are genuinely evil!
I know :heart:
Matty liked this

Reem

• Alumni
By Aurora
Custom Posts
Reem wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:49:45 pm

I'll say this, I wasn't out for you but I would have been later in the game for sure. Also, michelle never told me anything personal from you for what it's worth. All I know personally about you is the stuff you shared with me, that I also never said to anyone (for obvs reasons).

I did lie to a lot of people and made alliances with a lot of people. That doesn't negate the connections I made though, and I do feel we had a genuine one. Had things gone differently on the first day of old Atlasova I think this entire game probably would have shifted.

However, I wouldn't trade the friendship I made with susie in the world. I don't know if I had gotten to know her if things had gone differently, and that was the most amazing thing that came from Old Atlasova for me.
Hey, I never wanted to take away from you and Susie. Your love for one another is on another level. Amen, hallelujah.

The relationship you have with her and the way neither of you talked to me the hour before tribal is exactly why I felt so vulnerable.

But trust, I got that you made great relationships along the way.
Reem liked this

Aurora

• Alumni
By Matty
Custom Posts
Reem wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:50:24 pm
Aurora wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:43:52 pm Oh, haha, I didn't see you as a mother figure. I guessed a few years older than late 20s but I thought you were someone like me.
i literally just associated everyone with the person they were playing as, so imagine my surprise when i found out michelle had a kid! really thought she was in school and around lauren/auroras age

Matty

• Alumni
By Aurora
Posts Custom
Matty wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:56:22 pm
i literally just associated everyone with the person they were playing as, so imagine my surprise when i found out michelle had a kid! really thought she was in school and around lauren/auroras age
How old do you think I am??

Aurora

• Alumni
By Reem
Posts Custom
Aurora wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:55:37 pm

Hey, I never wanted to take away from you and Susie. Your love for one another is on another level. Amen, hallelujah.

The relationship you have with her and the way neither of you talked to me the hour before tribal is exactly why I felt so vulnerable.

I honestly thought you didnt want to talk to me because you were gonna take me out LOL I should have just messaged me. Mistakes were made.

Now we're stuck watching goats :sob:
Aurora, Matty liked this

Reem

• Alumni
By Reem
Posts Custom
Reem wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:57:57 pm
Aurora wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:55:37 pm

I honestly thought you didnt want to talk to me because you were gonna take me out LOL I should have just messaged me. Mistakes were made.

Now we're stuck watching goats :sob:
*messaged you

Reem

• Alumni
By Matty
Posts Custom
Aurora wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:56:57 pm

around 24-25? i know youre in law school so id think youre around that

Matty

• Alumni
By Aurora
Custom Posts
Matty wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:59:25 pm

So wrong. I had a career before law school. Look at you and your assumptions!
Reem liked this

Aurora

• Alumni
By Matty
Posts Custom
Aurora wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:00:23 pm

oh wow! had no idea, thats really great tho
Aurora liked this

Matty

• Alumni
By Reem
Custom Posts
Aurora wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:00:23 pm

At least you're not a mother figure to him HAHAHAHA
Aurora, Matty liked this

Reem

• Alumni
By Susie
Posts Custom

OK, I must be done working for the day, as I can't pass up commenting on this one. I too, my friend, am so glad I met you and wouldn't change that for anything. You're brilliant and strong and a true survivor, if ever I've met one. I wasn't so open about my life story, perhaps not so brave to share it with the Stranded world, but I know I've gained a confidant with rock solid judgement and an amazing sense of humor and will probably end up spilling it all to you at some point.

And Aurora, I'd like to apologize for being so snippy with you. In the past few days, I've learned that it was hard for me to separate the sheer exhaustion I felt (trying and failing to persuade you to believe something I knew was true in order to save both our games) from what probably sounded like criticism of you and/or your game. You did really well and I know that you were just trying to play your best game. And all of our conversations were completely genuine, I really enjoyed getting to know you.
Aurora, Reem liked this

Susie

• Alumni
By Reem
Posts Custom
Susie wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:07:27 pm

OK, I must be done working for the day, as I can't pass up commenting on this one. I too, my friend, am so glad I met you and wouldn't change that for anything. You're brilliant and strong and a true survivor, if ever I've met one. I wasn't so open about my life story, perhaps not so brave to share it with the Stranded world, but I know I've gained a confidant with rock solid judgement and an amazing sense of humor and will probably end up spilling it all to you at some point.

And Aurora, I'd like to apologize for being so snippy with you. In the past few days, I've learned that it was hard for me to separate the sheer exhaustion I felt (trying and failing to persuade you to believe something I knew was true in order to save both our games) from what probably sounded like criticism of you and/or your game. You did really well and I know that you were just trying to play your best game. And all of our conversations were completely genuine, I really enjoyed getting to know you.
I have always been open about my story, and will always will be. I'm this way in real life too...not to mention in a game like this people enjoy a good underdog story, and I recognize that I have a pretty good one lol That's not what linked me to you though. I think the fact that you were the first person to make me genuinely laugh got me! Humor goes a long way with me, and our conversations always flowed from the beginning....like, there wasn't force behind it, ya know? there's a reason I spent hours talking to you at night HAHAHAHAHA I missed those when we swapped. I don't know man, YOU'RE fucking brilliant. When you got booted I lost my equalizer hardcore. #DammitMatty
Susie liked this

Reem

• Alumni