By Gillian
Posts Custom
Matty wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:27:20 pm
Gillian wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:24:11 pm im not fake and i will not sit here and try to sugarcoat things and reem u have lost my respect!! as i was not ur goat!!!
you were my goat as well, and probably michelle and charlies too. it doesnt matter how many decisions you helped make in the game, you can get very abrasive and rub people the wrong way. and it does not help that you have nothing to show you accomplished on your own. please do not take this the wrong way!
im sorry i saw charlie as a bigger goat than anyone!! he didnt do much!!! so no i was not a goat!!! i was not ur goat!!!!!

Gillian

• Alumni
  • Awards: Posts Custom
By Michelle
Posts Custom
Gillian wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:34:44 pm
Susie wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:27:30 pm Gillian

While I was on nuAtlasova and after I was gone from Matua, what did you learn about Charlie and Michelle that might change my opinion of them?
charlie was fairly quiet and would vote with the girls as we wanted!!! he was not on as much as i would of liked!! but not everyone can be!! he was not someone i saw as in your face or someone who was trying to do anything.

michelle was not saying all the right things but i knew that was for her benefit!! she would say gn and say she was getting off but stay online so i knew something was up
I was staying up late saying sweet nothings in your girl's ear :dunno: :kiss:
Reem liked this

Michelle

• Alumni
By Charlie
Posts Custom
Lauren wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:26:56 pm Hey guys! I was pretty happy with your answers to my questions but if you feel you have something to add that you completely forgot to mention please do so. Michelle and Gillian, you guys gave me exactly what I needed with your answers so I don't have any follow-ups for you guys unless I come up with something based on your responses now.

I do have a follow-up for Charlie though. You had a lot of focus on your strategic game in your answers to the jury questions and mine focused almost solely on that. So what I want to ask you: How did you tailor your social game to the specific person you were talking to? What changed between your interactions from jury member to jury member? What stayed the same (if anything)?
Thanks Lauren.

I tried to interact with the jury members both on the style of conversation that had gotten the most responses from them in the past and what person they valued in the game. You were a brain and we made jokes, were sarcastic, commentated on challenges, and rolled our eyes at the behaviors of others. Someone like Randy or Gillian on the other side got love and support and asking about their problems. Reem and Chris and Ron I discussed common interests with like shows we watched and videos online. Susie and I talked personal and never strategic and Michelle and I talked about some of the most serious things in the world because that was the relationship we had with each other. Sometimes I was bitchier sometimes I was nicer. Sometimes I was funnier sometimes I was more serious. Even going back to the tribe swap I was interacting with the boys and girls much differently because they needed that from me. The boys favored strategy and the girls favored personal and I was willing to give people whatever conversation they wanted because I enjoyed it all and wanted everyone to feel comfortable with good ol' Charlie.
Reem, Lauren liked this

Charlie

• Alumni
By Ron
Custom Posts
Michelle wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:33:27 pm
Ron wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:20:25 pm
Michelle wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:03:23 pm Hi everyone! I guess this is one tribal that I will actually have to talk in. Again, I'm so honored to be here. Does anyone have any questions for me regarding the answers I gave to your questions yesterday?
Hi Michelle! You actually didn't answer my "for everyone" question about what you learned in this game. How did Stranded affect your real life behavior / code of ethics?
Fantastic, answer - thank you!! You are, as I always expected, a boss. Your foster son is so lucky to have you!!! I have no further questions for anyone on the jury.

I'm sorry Ron, I totally missed that! In regard to how the game affected my real life behavior, I have now started using many more emojis and being a little bit cattier when I'm texting people than before I played this game. Ha. But seriously, Aurora actually talked to me about this before she was voted out, and helped me see that me being online so much might have the potential to be negatively affecting my relationship with my foster son. I haven't been as focused on him as I should have been, because I was concentrating so much on the game. Her talking to me about that was incredibly valuable to me, because after that conversation I changed my behavior and made a conscious effort to set time aside for the game, and time aside for my son.

As for my code of ethics, it has been a challenge for me to be dishonest with people in the game, and I gladly have NOT carried that into my real life. I loved playing this game because it was just a game to me...but imagining people trying to play other people as if they are pawns in real life disgusts me (hi US politicians). It has also really made me appreciate the boundaries I have in real life. I would not let someone talk to me in real life the way I let people talk to me in this game. Well, maybe I would have at one point in my life, but I have grown and changed since then and have more respect for myself than that.
Michelle liked this

Ron

• Alumni
  • Awards: Custom Posts
By Lauren
Custom Posts
Charlie wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:37:42 pm
Lauren wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:26:56 pm Hey guys! I was pretty happy with your answers to my questions but if you feel you have something to add that you completely forgot to mention please do so. Michelle and Gillian, you guys gave me exactly what I needed with your answers so I don't have any follow-ups for you guys unless I come up with something based on your responses now.

I do have a follow-up for Charlie though. You had a lot of focus on your strategic game in your answers to the jury questions and mine focused almost solely on that. So what I want to ask you: How did you tailor your social game to the specific person you were talking to? What changed between your interactions from jury member to jury member? What stayed the same (if anything)?
Thanks Lauren.

I tried to interact with the jury members both on the style of conversation that had gotten the most responses from them in the past and what person they valued in the game. You were a brain and we made jokes, were sarcastic, commentated on challenges, and rolled our eyes at the behaviors of others. Someone like Randy or Gillian on the other side got love and support and asking about their problems. Reem and Chris and Ron I discussed common interests with like shows we watched and videos online. Susie and I talked personal and never strategic and Michelle and I talked about some of the most serious things in the world because that was the relationship we had with each other. Sometimes I was bitchier sometimes I was nicer. Sometimes I was funnier sometimes I was more serious. Even going back to the tribe swap I was interacting with the boys and girls much differently because they needed that from me. The boys favored strategy and the girls favored personal and I was willing to give people whatever conversation they wanted because I enjoyed it all and wanted everyone to feel comfortable with good ol' Charlie.
Thanks Charlie! That's exactly what I was looking for
Charlie liked this

Lauren

• Alumni
By Charlie
Posts Custom
Gillian wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:36:50 pm
Gillian wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:24:11 pm im not fake and i will not sit here and try to sugarcoat things and reem u have lost my respect!! as i was not ur goat!!!
you were my goat as well, and probably michelle and charlies too. it doesnt matter how many decisions you helped make in the game, you can get very abrasive and rub people the wrong way. and it does not help that you have nothing to show you accomplished on your own. please do not take this the wrong way!
im sorry i saw charlie as a bigger goat than anyone!! he didnt do much!!! so no i was not a goat!!! i was not ur goat!!!!!
Ok Gill lol. Sometimes the person most likely to go off emotionally is the person you don't leak your info to. Loved you lots but you weren't always the most reliable.
Reem, Michelle liked this

Charlie

• Alumni
By Matty
Posts Custom
charlie honestly your responses have bored me a little bit, i want to see some fire and i want to see some energy. please put some enthusiasm behind your response to this and make me want to vote for you!
Chris liked this

Matty

• Alumni
By Gillian
Posts Custom
Randy wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:35:24 pm
Gillian wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:26:19 pm
Randy wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:25:08 pm

Prove us you didn't follow the agenda she set in place even after Reem left the game then.
i did not
she wanted chris out i was not after chris i was after eric!!!!
If this is your only defense against the statement...this isn't going to look good for you.
i didnt follow her agenda i did my own thing!!! did she say stick with michelle yes but as i was already pretty loyal there it didnt matter as i am a loyal person. If i wasnt so loyal and i was flipping all the time i would of put a target on my back!!! and i was not trying to make myself a target in any way!!! i was pretty tight lipped with a lot of stuff and i dont want people using info against me and its been done before. I also wanted lauren out and she went. she was after me that round so obviously i was not a goat!! cause why would a goat get votes??? noone voted for a goat as they want them in them in the f4 with them so they wouldnt go after them!!!!

Gillian

• Alumni
By Gillian
Posts Custom
Charlie wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:42:34 pm

Ok Gill lol. Sometimes the person most likely to go off emotionally is the person you don't leak your info to. Loved you lots but you weren't always the most reliable.
didnt go off till people lied about a vote!!! ie lauren other than that i didnt go off on anyone!!!!

Gillian

• Alumni
By Reem
Custom Posts
Reem wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:15:13 pm Well, I wasn't GOING to pipe in much...but considering Michelle is the only one here I guess I'll ask something.

Tell us how you manipulated the trio, Lauren in particular considering she lasted the longest outside of you.
Michelle, I think this questions may have been missed, but I am curious^

Reem

• Alumni
By Randy
Custom Posts
I am going to respectfully turn my attention to the two in contention of my vote: Michelle and Charlie.
Can either of you state a regret you made throughout this game, whether it be personal or strategic, that you wish you didn't end up doing after the fact?
Reem, Chelsea liked this

Randy

• Alumni
By Gillian
Custom Posts
Randy wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:47:56 pm I am going to respectfully turn my attention to the two in contention of my vote: Michelle and Charlie.
Can either of you state a regret you made throughout this game, whether it be personal or strategic, that you wish you didn't end up doing after the fact?
thanks

Gillian

• Alumni
By Aurora
Custom Posts
Gillian wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:44:34 pm

didnt go off till people lied about a vote!!! ie lauren other than that i didnt go off on anyone!!!!
I'm being serious with this question--why do you use so many exclamation points and question marks? I think it feels aggressive to some people and alienates them from you further. Have you considered that possibility and how it might make it harder for you to win?
Reem, Matty, Lauren liked this

Aurora

• Alumni
By Michelle
Posts Custom
Gillian wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:43:00 pm
Gillian wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:26:19 pm

i did not
she wanted chris out i was not after chris i was after eric!!!!
If this is your only defense against the statement...this isn't going to look good for you.
i didnt follow her agenda i did my own thing!!! did she say stick with michelle yes but as i was already pretty loyal there it didnt matter as i am a loyal person. If i wasnt so loyal and i was flipping all the time i would of put a target on my back!!! and i was not trying to make myself a target in any way!!! i was pretty tight lipped with a lot of stuff and i dont want people using info against me and its been done before. I also wanted lauren out and she went. she was after me that round so obviously i was not a goat!! cause why would a goat get votes??? noone voted for a goat as they want them in them in the f4 with them so they wouldnt go after them!!!!
The reason people considered voting you out wasn't because you weren't loyal, or because they didn't want to take you to final 3. The reason people, including Reem and I, considered voting you out (even with your own idol) was because 1) you were taking up a spot in the f3, and 2) you couldn't be trusted to keep your temper in check, thus putting our own games at risk. We literally had to tell you who to vote right before tribal, to make sure you didn't let it slip to anyone or blow up all of our games.
Reem, Randy, Matty and 2 others liked this

Michelle

• Alumni
By Gillian
Posts Custom
Aurora wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:49:17 pm
Gillian wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:44:34 pm

I'm being serious with this question--why do you use so many exclamation points and question marks? I think it feels aggressive to some people and alienates them from you further. Have you considered that possibility and how it might make it harder for you to win?
no its just something i do! I do not mean anything by it! and i dont see it as aggressive. I just always do that

Gillian

• Alumni
By Charlie
Custom Posts
Matty wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:42:54 pm charlie honestly your responses have bored me a little bit, i want to see some fire and i want to see some energy. please put some enthusiasm behind your response to this and make me want to vote for you!
WOOF respect on that Matty.

I am a strong fucking player in this game despite the mistakes I made. I set myself up incredibly strong in the beginning of the game and was by no means asleep. I came off of Taraku alligned with every single person on the tribe including Final 2s with Ace Ron Chris and Marcus. Marcus's social bond was so powerful to me that he sent me a message telling me he would vote how I told him to until the end of the game because he was too busy with schoolwork once we made the swap tribe. I made close enough relationships with both the women and men on the swap tribe to guarantee my safety even if we had gone to tribal and I made the huge move of taking out someone who was super loyal to me because I had so many people that were on my side it literally didn't matter. The only reason I was able to acheive this and have so many people wanting to work with me and take me to end is because I was so successful in remaining in cognito. Don't worry about Charlie. He's safe, he's silly, he doesn't know how to play. Charlie isn't gonna hurt you. Until Charlie hurts you. Playing up my anxiety, playing down my sureness was a strategy that managed my threat level and made me an asset to everyone around me. Then by the time I started to control the game it was too late for anyone to do anything about it. There was no one left to threaten me in challenges and everyone who wasn't strongly alligned to Charlie was gone. I had Charlies angels on one side, my final twos with the boys on the other and there really was never a chance for anyone to successfully turn on me.And I was loyal to the angels because it was what suited me the most to get to the end not because anyone manipulated me. Charlie was always in charge of his own destiny and could have flipped the votes if I had needed to but I didn't need to. I should be blamed for having a strong plan and executing it properly. Don't be a threat until it's too late for anyone to chop you down. It's been the winning strategy in past seasons and I think it should be the winning strategy in this one!
Matty, Reem liked this

Charlie

• Alumni
By Gillian
Custom Posts
Michelle wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:49:50 pm
Gillian wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:43:00 pm
The reason people considered voting you out wasn't because you weren't loyal, or because they didn't want to take you to final 3. The reason people, including Reem and I, considered voting you out (even with your own idol) was because 1) you were taking up a spot in the f3, and 2) you couldn't be trusted to keep your temper in check, thus putting our own games at risk. We literally had to tell you who to vote right before tribal, to make sure you didn't let it slip to anyone or blow up all of our games.
incorrect! i knew the vote before hand and i was not blowing up anyone! i had no temper!! I was pretty freaking quiet! I was not blowing up on people! my "temper" was very much in check! But keep that manipulation going! and those lies

Gillian

• Alumni
By Charlie
Posts Custom
Randy wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:47:56 pm I am going to respectfully turn my attention to the two in contention of my vote: Michelle and Charlie.
One that hasn't been brought up yet is that I regret telling the Taraku tribe that Ace was idoled out in the middle of the immunity challenge. Not because it was a challenge but because until that point I had so selective about who I shared true information with and it was one moment that my game facade cracked and I got wrapped up in the moment.

Charlie

• Alumni
By Matty
Custom Posts
Charlie wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:55:03 pm
Matty wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:42:54 pm charlie honestly your responses have bored me a little bit, i want to see some fire and i want to see some energy. please put some enthusiasm behind your response to this and make me want to vote for you!
WOOF respect on that Matty.

I am a strong fucking player in this game despite the mistakes I made. I set myself up incredibly strong in the beginning of the game and was by no means asleep. I came off of Taraku alligned with every single person on the tribe including Final 2s with Ace Ron Chris and Marcus. Marcus's social bond was so powerful to me that he sent me a message telling me he would vote how I told him to until the end of the game because he was too busy with schoolwork once we made the swap tribe. I made close enough relationships with both the women and men on the swap tribe to guarantee my safety even if we had gone to tribal and I made the huge move of taking out someone who was super loyal to me because I had so many people that were on my side it literally didn't matter. The only reason I was able to acheive this and have so many people wanting to work with me and take me to end is because I was so successful in remaining in cognito. Don't worry about Charlie. He's safe, he's silly, he doesn't know how to play. Charlie isn't gonna hurt you. Until Charlie hurts you. Playing up my anxiety, playing down my sureness was a strategy that managed my threat level and made me an asset to everyone around me. Then by the time I started to control the game it was too late for anyone to do anything about it. There was no one left to threaten me in challenges and everyone who wasn't strongly alligned to Charlie was gone. I had Charlies angels on one side, my final twos with the boys on the other and there really was never a chance for anyone to successfully turn on me.And I was loyal to the angels because it was what suited me the most to get to the end not because anyone manipulated me. Charlie was always in charge of his own destiny and could have flipped the votes if I had needed to but I didn't need to. I should be blamed for having a strong plan and executing it properly. Don't be a threat until it's too late for anyone to chop you down. It's been the winning strategy in past seasons and I think it should be the winning strategy in this one!
thank you, this is what i've wanted to hear. i think you played both sides better than most, you were one person who i thought i could more than likely count on despite never knowing your true allegiance. my one issue is that it appears you never took initiative and played boldy, which resulted in a sortve flat resume.
Reem liked this

Matty

• Alumni