By Reem
Posts Custom
Gillian wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:57:01 pm
Michelle wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:49:50 pm
Gillian wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:43:00 pm

i didnt follow her agenda i did my own thing!!! did she say stick with michelle yes but as i was already pretty loyal there it didnt matter as i am a loyal person. If i wasnt so loyal and i was flipping all the time i would of put a target on my back!!! and i was not trying to make myself a target in any way!!! i was pretty tight lipped with a lot of stuff and i dont want people using info against me and its been done before. I also wanted lauren out and she went. she was after me that round so obviously i was not a goat!! cause why would a goat get votes??? noone voted for a goat as they want them in them in the f4 with them so they wouldnt go after them!!!!
The reason people considered voting you out wasn't because you weren't loyal, or because they didn't want to take you to final 3. The reason people, including Reem and I, considered voting you out (even with your own idol) was because 1) you were taking up a spot in the f3, and 2) you couldn't be trusted to keep your temper in check, thus putting our own games at risk. We literally had to tell you who to vote right before tribal, to make sure you didn't let it slip to anyone or blow up all of our games.
incorrect! i knew the vote before hand and i was not blowing up anyone! i had no temper!! I was pretty freaking quiet! I was not blowing up on people! my "temper" was very much in check! But keep that manipulation going! and those lies
you absolutely had a temper. Ask Aurora, ask Lauren, ask Jac, ask me... I knew on Old Atlasova I couldn't trust you with information. I told you about the alliance chats and you spread it everywhere. From that point further I had to be very careful with the information I told you about, I was walking on eggshells consistently.
Randy, Matty, Lauren and 1 others liked this

Reem

• Alumni
  • Awards: Posts Custom
By Lauren
Posts Custom
Reem wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:45:50 pm
Reem wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:15:13 pm Well, I wasn't GOING to pipe in much...but considering Michelle is the only one here I guess I'll ask something.

Tell us how you manipulated the trio, Lauren in particular considering she lasted the longest outside of you.
Michelle, I think this questions may have been missed, but I am curious^
I'm going to go ahead and say, and this applies to Charlie and Gillian as well, that it's perfectly fine to critique my game to help strengthen your arguments. Actually I encourage it, if you used me and manipulated me to help get where you are now, own it. I respect game, there's a reason I'm on the jury while you guys are not.
Reem, Susie liked this

Lauren

• Alumni
By Susie
Posts Custom
Gillian wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:53:00 pm
Aurora wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:49:17 pm
Gillian wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:44:34 pm

didnt go off till people lied about a vote!!! ie lauren other than that i didnt go off on anyone!!!!
I'm being serious with this question--why do you use so many exclamation points and question marks? I think it feels aggressive to some people and alienates them from you further. Have you considered that possibility and how it might make it harder for you to win?
no its just something i do! I do not mean anything by it! and i dont see it as aggressive. I just always do that
I'm fairly sure most of the other players perceived it negatively. Some saw it as anger, some as demanding, some as hollering. It's like talking in all caps all the time, it just sounds louder in my head when I read it.
Matty, Lauren, Reem and 2 others liked this

Susie

• Alumni
By Gillian
Posts Custom
Reem wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:59:58 pm
Michelle wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:49:50 pm

The reason people considered voting you out wasn't because you weren't loyal, or because they didn't want to take you to final 3. The reason people, including Reem and I, considered voting you out (even with your own idol) was because 1) you were taking up a spot in the f3, and 2) you couldn't be trusted to keep your temper in check, thus putting our own games at risk. We literally had to tell you who to vote right before tribal, to make sure you didn't let it slip to anyone or blow up all of our games.
incorrect! i knew the vote before hand and i was not blowing up anyone! i had no temper!! I was pretty freaking quiet! I was not blowing up on people! my "temper" was very much in check! But keep that manipulation going! and those lies
you absolutely had a temper. Ask Aurora, ask Lauren, ask Jac, ask me... I knew on Old Atlasova I couldn't trust you with information. I told you about the alliance chats and you spread it everywhere. From that point further I had to be very careful with the information I told you about, I was walking on eggshells consistently.
i did not spread it everywhere and i did not have a temper with jaq or u!! U were the one person i was close to! so i mention i know whose in certain alliance chats but i never have info as to who they were and u didnt tell me till i asked u as someone had told me info!! i was not out there leaking info as u think!!

Gillian

• Alumni
By Charlie
Posts Custom
Matty wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:59:29 pm
Charlie wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:55:03 pm
Matty wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:42:54 pm charlie honestly your responses have bored me a little bit, i want to see some fire and i want to see some energy. please put some enthusiasm behind your response to this and make me want to vote for you!
WOOF respect on that Matty.

I am a strong fucking player in this game despite the mistakes I made. I set myself up incredibly strong in the beginning of the game and was by no means asleep. I came off of Taraku alligned with every single person on the tribe including Final 2s with Ace Ron Chris and Marcus. Marcus's social bond was so powerful to me that he sent me a message telling me he would vote how I told him to until the end of the game because he was too busy with schoolwork once we made the swap tribe. I made close enough relationships with both the women and men on the swap tribe to guarantee my safety even if we had gone to tribal and I made the huge move of taking out someone who was super loyal to me because I had so many people that were on my side it literally didn't matter. The only reason I was able to acheive this and have so many people wanting to work with me and take me to end is because I was so successful in remaining in cognito. Don't worry about Charlie. He's safe, he's silly, he doesn't know how to play. Charlie isn't gonna hurt you. Until Charlie hurts you. Playing up my anxiety, playing down my sureness was a strategy that managed my threat level and made me an asset to everyone around me. Then by the time I started to control the game it was too late for anyone to do anything about it. There was no one left to threaten me in challenges and everyone who wasn't strongly alligned to Charlie was gone. I had Charlies angels on one side, my final twos with the boys on the other and there really was never a chance for anyone to successfully turn on me.And I was loyal to the angels because it was what suited me the most to get to the end not because anyone manipulated me. Charlie was always in charge of his own destiny and could have flipped the votes if I had needed to but I didn't need to. I should be blamed for having a strong plan and executing it properly. Don't be a threat until it's too late for anyone to chop you down. It's been the winning strategy in past seasons and I think it should be the winning strategy in this one!
thank you, this is what i've wanted to hear. i think you played both sides better than most, you were one person who i thought i could more than likely count on despite never knowing your true allegiance. my one issue is that it appears you never took initiative and played boldy, which resulted in a sortve flat resume.
Yes I can take ownership that I wish I had been more overt. I managed my threat harder than it needed to be managed because I thought people were picking up on my threat more than they were. But I think all of the final 3 worked very hard to manage threat levels and play under the radar. I did find my footing and make decisions in the game but I should have bragged about them more in the moment knowing those people were headed to the jury to fight my case. But I still made those decisions. All my biggest threats fell some with my direct influence and some with my aid and I took the power in order to secure my own spot in the finals. No one was responsible for keeping me alive in the game. Nobody saved my life, I kept my life in my own hands the entire time.
Matty liked this

Charlie

• Alumni
By Michelle
Posts Custom
Reem wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:15:13 pm Well, I wasn't GOING to pipe in much...but considering Michelle is the only one here I guess I'll ask something.

Tell us how you manipulated the trio, Lauren in particular considering she lasted the longest outside of you.
Thanks Reem! I take too long answering, and fall behind. Hey, just like in almost every single challenge! Before the swap, I did not manipulate the trio, and was 100% on board with them until the end. I had complained about you quite a lot to them pre-swap, so it was easy, even after you and I became allies, to keep up that charade with Lauren. She was right in every statement she made about you, so like I said before, I didn't even have to lie when I talked about how dangerous you were. I think she believed, based off what I was telling her, that I would be more than happy to flip on you when the time came. Once the merge happened, I was really anxious about how Aurora would receive me, because I had been playing up that the vote against you had been her fault. But she was so welcoming and just as wonderful to me as always, and I was able to pick up right where we had left off. We had already had a final two deal pre-swap, so it wasn't hard to just continue on with that deal. I was very vulnerable with her, and it was honest vulnerability, not fake. But because I feel closer to people when they are vulnerable with me, I was more open to being vulnerable with her. I am almost positive that Aurora did the same thing to me, using honest vulnerability as a way to secure loyalty and trust.

After Aurora left, I knew that Lauren would never trust me the way she had, and this was proven to me after the Susie vote. I had not seen that coming at all, and knew that I had to do a better job of keeping open lines of communication with Lauren. Since I knew we could never go back to the way it was before, I didn't try to. I didn't want to insult her intelligence like that, by pretending that we hadn't flipped on each other, and that I hadn't been the first one to break our trust. Instead I made a pact with her that we would tell each other if we heard the other's name come up. She would vote her way and I would vote mine, but if either of us her the other's name, we would let them know. This pact required less trust than an alliance or final two deal, so I think it was perfect for our relationship at the time.
Lauren, Reem, Aurora liked this

Michelle

• Alumni
By Gillian
Custom Posts
Susie wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:01:51 pm
Gillian wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:53:00 pm
Aurora wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:49:17 pm

I'm being serious with this question--why do you use so many exclamation points and question marks? I think it feels aggressive to some people and alienates them from you further. Have you considered that possibility and how it might make it harder for you to win?
no its just something i do! I do not mean anything by it! and i dont see it as aggressive. I just always do that
I'm fairly sure most of the other players perceived it negatively. Some saw it as anger, some as demanding, some as hollering. It's like talking in all caps all the time, it just sounds louder in my head when I read it.
well it is not what the intention was ever!
Susie liked this

Gillian

• Alumni
  • Awards: Custom Posts
By Lauren
Posts Custom
Gillian wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:04:36 pm

i did not spread it everywhere and i did not have a temper with jaq or u!! U were the one person i was close to! so i mention i know whose in certain alliance chats but i never have info as to who they were and u didnt tell me till i asked u as someone had told me info!! i was not out there leaking info as u think!!
When I asked about the decoy for the Aurora vs. Reem vote your response to me was "I thought the vote was Aurora". I was supposed to be left out of the loop on that vote.
Reem liked this

Lauren

• Alumni
By Susie
Custom Posts
Charlie wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:57:48 pm
Randy wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:47:56 pm I am going to respectfully turn my attention to the two in contention of my vote: Michelle and Charlie.
Can either of you state a regret you made throughout this game, whether it be personal or strategic, that you wish you didn't end up doing after the fact?
One that hasn't been brought up yet is that I regret telling the Taraku tribe that Ace was idoled out in the middle of the immunity challenge. Not because it was a challenge but because until that point I had so selective about who I shared true information with and it was one moment that my game facade cracked and I got wrapped up in the moment.
Are you saying that Ace had the idol and left with it?

Susie

• Alumni
By Charlie
Posts Custom
Lauren wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:01:32 pm

I'm going to go ahead and say, and this applies to Charlie and Gillian as well, that it's perfectly fine to critique my game to help strengthen your arguments. Actually I encourage it, if you used me and manipulated me to help get where you are now, own it. I respect game, there's a reason I'm on the jury while you guys are not.
Lauren I manipulated you much in the same way that I did many people. Feeding you misinformation. On your vote but even the votes before that I never actually believed you were with us where some of my alliance members did. For that reason I told you things like I think Ron is favoring a Randy vote or Gillian is really coming off to me like she wants to make a big move against Chris or Michelle told me that she is definitely voting for Eric and all of those were lies to keep you from being able to organize anything that went against my plan and to make sure that you were going to the wrong sources to try and swing a vote. I wanted people to think Charlie was harmless and just liked to spill a little tea. But I was actually spilling out oil for people to slip on and land on their face.
Lauren, Reem liked this

Charlie

• Alumni
By Gillian
Custom Posts

I didnt manipulate although thats what u want to hear!! I lied to u about the vote a few times like the aurora vote but u were already on the other side!! I actully tried to get u to vote eric out! I even asked u really would knowing how close u 2 were and u said u would but u didnt. Michelle talks about her personal life and how she wouldnt let people do to her what is done here . But i hate lying and so it is very difficult for me to actually lie to people! Weather in a game or not. I have dealt with it too much on a personal lever and been hurt by it way too much so i dont care if this is a game i still hate lying!

Gillian

• Alumni
By Charlie
Posts Custom
Susie wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:09:33 pm
Randy wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:47:56 pm I am going to respectfully turn my attention to the two in contention of my vote: Michelle and Charlie.
Can either of you state a regret you made throughout this game, whether it be personal or strategic, that you wish you didn't end up doing after the fact?
One that hasn't been brought up yet is that I regret telling the Taraku tribe that Ace was idoled out in the middle of the immunity challenge. Not because it was a challenge but because until that point I had so selective about who I shared true information with and it was one moment that my game facade cracked and I got wrapped up in the moment.
No I am not aware if Ace had an idol. I'm saying that during the final tribal immunity challenge I was getting information from sources over on the Ataslova tribe. I immediately shared that piece of information with the Taraku tribe which was very unlike my gameplay so far where I kept true information close in hand and spread false information instead.

Charlie

• Alumni
By Gillian
Posts Custom
Lauren wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:08:21 pm
Gillian wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:04:36 pm

When I asked about the decoy for the Aurora vs. Reem vote your response to me was "I thought the vote was Aurora". I was supposed to be left out of the loop on that vote.
well that was not me trying to leak! info!! and when i realized that i shouldnt of told u i came back and said ron i believe!

Gillian

• Alumni
By Gillian
Posts Custom
Charlie wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:11:58 pm

No I am not aware if Ace had an idol. I'm saying that during the final tribal immunity challenge I was getting information from sources over on the Ataslova tribe. I immediately shared that piece of information with the Taraku tribe which was very unlike my gameplay so far where I kept true information close in hand and spread false information instead.
wait so were u getting info from the other tribe? and how?

Gillian

• Alumni
By Lauren
Posts Custom
Charlie wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:09:38 pm

Lauren I manipulated you much in the same way that I did many people. Feeding you misinformation. On your vote but even the votes before that I never actually believed you were with us where some of my alliance members did. For that reason I told you things like I think Ron is favoring a Randy vote or Gillian is really coming off to me like she wants to make a big move against Chris or Michelle told me that she is definitely voting for Eric and all of those were lies to keep you from being able to organize anything that went against my plan and to make sure that you were going to the wrong sources to try and swing a vote. I wanted people to think Charlie was harmless and just liked to spill a little tea. But I was actually spilling out oil for people to slip on and land on their face.
This is for Michelle too cause I don't want to quote each of your posts for the same thing:

Thanks for doing that, I won't speak for the other jurors but that strengthens your guys' arguments a lot with me!
Charlie, Reem liked this

Lauren

• Alumni
By Michelle
Posts Custom
I have a few decisions that I made and regretted afterwards, but have since learned to appreciate. My first and perhaps biggest regret was the vote to try and blindside Reem pre-swap. We didn't give ourselves enough time to plan the thing properly, and so we were the ones blindsided that night. That move not only put a huge target on my back, but it sent me from being towards the top of the previous rankings to the very bottom of the loyalty ranking, and I went into the swap with that cloud hanging over my head, and no time to talk to the people I had lied to pre-vote (namely Susie, who I wanted desperately to make up with).

The thing with regrets though, is that they only stay regrets if you let them. I turned that regret into something that helped my game immensely--aligning myself with Reem and preparing to separate myself form the trio. I saw the trio as being more threatening for me to be with because we all had similar threat levels, while in my relationship with Reem, everyone saw her as the bigger threat, thus protecting me.

I'm a painter, and my artistic philosophy is that there are no mistakes in painting; anything you add and don't like give the future finished product texture and character, and can be painted over in places and reworked until you are much happier with the more interesting final product than you would have been before the so-called mistakes. I tried to look at this game and my actions in it similarly.
Reem, Lauren, Aurora liked this

Michelle

• Alumni
By Charlie
Custom Posts
Gillian wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:16:45 pm
Charlie wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:11:58 pm

wait so were u getting info from the other tribe? and how?
We were able to message across lines as soon as the merge was announced. It was up to us to figure it out.
I had strong alliances from OG Taraku that immediately came to me.

Charlie

• Alumni
By Lauren
Custom Posts
Gillian wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:11:25 pm

I didnt manipulate although thats what u want to hear!! I lied to u about the vote a few times like the aurora vote but u were already on the other side!! I actully tried to get u to vote eric out! I even asked u really would knowing how close u 2 were and u said u would but u didnt. Michelle talks about her personal life and how she wouldnt let people do to her what is done here . But i hate lying and so it is very difficult for me to actually lie to people! Weather in a game or not. I have dealt with it too much on a personal lever and been hurt by it way too much so i dont care if this is a game i still hate lying!
I wasn't saying I wanted or you had to talk about manipulating. I was just saying that if manipulating me was part of anyone's game I wouldn't be offended if it were discussed, no one would lose my vote because they straight up said they used me. You didn't manipulate so that didn't really apply to your game as much as it did to theirs.
Reem liked this

Lauren

• Alumni